LLM in International Financial Law University of Sussex
The global financial crisis has had a major impact on the way the financial system works. There is an increasing demand for professionals with expertise in international financial law.
Sussex Law School provides an international, stimulating learning environment for you to build on your knowledge. You’ll learn from today’s leading lawyers – our world-leading research underpins our teaching.
Our courses have skills training at their core and you'll be able to approach the legal problems logically. And you’ll look at different perspectives and have the opportunity to widen your professional network. You’ll:
- gain a thorough insight into issues affecting major transactions in global financial markets
- develop a comprehensive understanding of the financial services industry
- engage with domestic and international developments from practical, regulatory and policy perspectives on financial law.
We’ll prepare you for your future career. Brighton hosts the headquarters of major international financial corporations and is only an hour from London, Europe’s financial capital. This gives you direct access to prospective employers.
This course gives you a solid formation in the field of international financial law and practice. You will be prepared to start/continue a successful career in areas such as:
- legal practice in major law firms
- consultancy and legal advice in multinational corporations
- financial supervision agencies
- international organisations.
You will also have the knowledge to go on to PhD study and then an academic career.
Recent Sussex Law School graduates have gone on to jobs including:
- due diligence officer, BNP Paribas (Oslo)
- customer due diligence executive, KPMG (Foshan)
- section chief, Financial Services Agency of Japan (Tokyo)
Full-time and part-time study
Choose to study this course full time or part-time, to fit around your work and personal life. Modules for the full-time course are listed below.
For details about the part-time course, please contact us.
Core modules are taken by all students on the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
- LLM Dissertation
- Advanced Legal Research and Writing
- International Financial Law Regulation and Governance
Alongside your core modules, you can choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor your course to your interests.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Corporate Finance
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Financial Crises and Bank Regulation
- Financial Derivatives
- Institutions in the Global Financial Market
- International and Comparative Company Law
- International Business and Human Rights
- International Commercial Arbitration
- International Investment Law
- Multinational Financial Management
- Research Methods for Banking and Finance
- The Law and Behaviour of Business Organisations
- The Law of Financial Derivatives and Structured Products
- Transnational Corporate Finance Law
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Postgraduate Masters loans
You can borrow up to £11,222 to help with fees and living costs if your course starts on or after 1 August 2022. Loans are available from the Student Loans Company if you’re from the UK or if you’re an EU national studying for a Masters.
Our aim is to ensure that every student who wants to study with us is able to despite financial barriers so that we continue to attract talented and unique individuals.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.