Online LLB (Hons) Law. Reg. No. 253055
U Law Hong Kong
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
3 - 6 years
Full time, Part time
HKD 95,300 / per year
Earliest start date
Our Online LLB (Hons) Law degree is available as a 3, 4 or 6 years course (Reg. No. 253055). If you’re looking to pursue a career in the legal or wider commercial sector, but require greater flexibility in study patterns and wish to study online, this could be the degree for you. This degree has a practical focus, with employability embedded into the course. The course will have a high level of interaction and you will receive peer and one-to-one professional tutor reviews, with over 90% of our tutors being qualified solicitors and barristers. We have an overall 5 Star rating from QS World University Rankings and 5 stars in Teaching, Employability, Online Learning, Academic Development and Inclusiveness. This course is registered with the Hong Kong Non-local Courses Registry (NCR). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
Why choose our LLB Online?
Our law degree, known as an LLB or Bachelor of Laws, is recognised as a Qualifying Law Degree and gives you excellent transferable skills making it an excellent launchpad for your career.
We've trained practising lawyers from over 120 countries and many of our students have progressed to successful legal careers, as well as other professions throughout the world, such as finance, government, management consultancy and journalism, among many others.
Our structured course is taught by qualified lawyers with lectures and practical workshops or with online resources and learning tools (LLB Online) to develop your legal skills.
When you study an LLB with us you receive:
- The highest standard of teaching from experienced professionals
- Small class sizes
- Options to study online
- Flexible study - choose to study online over 3, 4 or 6 years
- Access to award-winning careers support
We also offer an Accelerated two-year LLB (Hons) Law degree in Hong Kong.
Why choose The University of Law?
- One of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education, since 1876 - we’ve trained more practising lawyers in the UK than anyone else.
- All our tutors are qualified lawyers and many still practising. You’ll benefit from their insight into today's legal world delivered either face-to-face on campus or online.
- We have locations across the UK and Hong Kong.
- We have the UK’s largest legal alumni group with over 80,000 members, giving our students excellent networking opportunities; many of whom are qualified lawyers in Hong Kong and Malaysia.
- We work with 90 of the top 100 UK law firms, many of whom send their trainees and lawyers exclusively to us. We also have close links with a wide range of barristers’ chambers.
- Our award-winning pro bono team put your legal skills into practice by giving you access to a number of opportunities to work on cases while you’re studying.
- Our expert legal careers and employability service is one of the largest in the UK, with experts providing one-to-one support.
Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)
Our LLB students are eligible to apply for the ENLS loan to cover their tuition fees.
Online Taster Session
If you want to find out what it’s like to study an online course with us, why not try our free online taster session?
Our taster sessions can be completed at your own pace and include short, structured exercises to help you experience what it will really be like to study online with us. All you need to do is visit our online learning platform (Blackboard ELITE) and, if you've already applied to study with us and received login details for ELITE, click 'sign in' on Blackboard ELITE. Alternatively, click 'sign up' and complete the short registration form.
- 3, 4 or 6 years online course: BBB at A Level and Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language, or equivalent qualifications.
- For the 4 years or 6 years online courses only: Students who would like to apply via our non-standard route should demonstrate a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience evidencing management of people and/or processes and provide a professional reference. Students must also possess GCSE English Language at Grade 4 or equivalent, as well as successfully pass a formal interview.
- Students who will be under the age of 18 but no younger than 17 at the commencement of the course are permitted.
- International entry requirements: An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
- January 2023: 3 years
- September 2023: 3, 4, 6 years
- HK fee: 95,300 HKH per annum and no deposit.
Please note for 4 & 6-year programs, frees are pro-rata.
Fees are locked for future study years i.e. the student will pay the same price each year.
- September 2024 for 3, 4 or 6 years courses
- January 2025 for 3 years course