Keystone logo
MIU City University Miami

MIU City University Miami

MIU City University Miami

Visa Requirements

F1 Student Visa

If you have decided to study your program hybrid in Miami and you are an international student, you need to apply for an F1 Student Visa, which can be processed with the assistance of MIU.

How to get my student visa?

  1. Once we accept your enrollment, you will be registered for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee ($350).
  2. In parallel, your personal advisor at MIU will send you a link to complete and pay the Form I-20 ($250). Once we receive the payment receipt, we will send you Form I-20.
  3. After you receive the Form I-20 and register in SEVIS, you may apply at the U.S Embassy or Consulate for an F1 visa.
  4. You must present Form I-20, MIU’s Acceptance Letter, and Enrollment Agreement when you attend your visa interview.
  5. The administrative office of your Embassy will get back to you with the F1 visa resolution. We recommend international students begin the admission process with enough time before classes start to have time complete the visa process.

English Language Requirements

Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.


  • 111 NE 1st Street, 6th Floor, FL 33132, Miami