LLB Honours Law with Criminology
Middlesex University Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
AED 59,947 / per year
Earliest start date
Our LLB Honours Law with Criminology lets you study two complementary perspectives while you gain the initial academic skills to become a qualified solicitor or barrister in England and Wales.
Middlesex University is internationally known for both our law and criminology expertise – and our law with criminology course puts students at the heart of legal innovation.
The degree is recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board and our course provides you with the intellectual knowledge and transferable skills that correspond to the first stage of professional legal education.
You will learn the core principles of law in England and Wales while you will develop your understanding of criminology and the complexities this presents. You will also put theory into practice with work-based modules that will help you develop the hands-on skills and expertise to compete in both the criminal justice system and the legal profession.
Benefits of the Programme
- The LLB degrees offered at Middlesex University Dubai are the only face to face UK qualifying law degrees in the region
- All our LLB programmes are accredited by the bodies regulating the legal profession in the UK
- Opportunities to interact and network with distinguished legal practitioners
- Faculty with extensive experience and expertise in legal research, teaching, and practice
- Opportunities to participate in international mooting and MUN competitions
- Opportunities to participate in field visits to international organisations
- Gain exposure to legal practice through the Department’s extensive network of partnerships
- Public Law (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Legal Method (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- English Legal System (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Contract Law (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Contemporary Criminological Theory (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Victimology (15 Credits) - Compulsory
- Criminal Law (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Tort (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- EU Law (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Land Law (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Equity and Trusts (30 Credits) - Compulsory
- Contemporary Issues in Criminology and Policy Processes (15 Credits) - Optional
- Transnational Crime (15 Credits) - Optional
- Children as Victims and the Child Protection System (15 Credits) - Optional
- Cyber-Security (15 Credits) - Optional
- Drugs, Crime and Criminal Justice (15 Credits) - Optional
- Forensic Mental Health and Offending (15 Credits) - Optional
- ‘Learning Together’ Contemporary Issues in Criminal Justice (15 Credits) - Optional
- Crimes of the Powerful (15 Credits) - Optional
- Violent Crime (15 Credits) - Optional
- Investigations in Theory and Practice (15 Credits) - Optional
- Rehabilitation and Community Support (15 Credits) - Optional
- Comparative Criminal Justice: Courts, Sentencing and Prisons (15 Credits) - Optional
The LLB Honours Commercial Law is especially suitable for students interested in pursuing a career within a commercial legal practice or employed in in-house legal services. It is also a major asset for students who wish to take a solid foundation in legal understanding and skills into management, consultancy or entrepreneurship.
The common career route for LLB Honours Commercial Law graduates is that of a solicitor, barrister, or in-house legal counsel, but there are many related sectors where a law degree is also highly desired. Graduates may also choose to continue into further study on courses such as the Legal Practice Course (LPC), the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC), or master’s programmes in law as well as related subjects.
There are many sectors where a commercially focused law degree is highly desired, including business (human resources, tax and insurance, compliance) charity, management administration, the Civil Service, education and government.