European and International Business Law LL.M.
Eötvös Loránd University
EUR 1,000 / per semester
30 Jun 2024
Earliest start date
The goal of this program is to shape internationally renowned legal experts who are ready to take challenges on a global scale and confident to handle complex issues in the international regulatory environment with high level of confidence.
This is the first LL.M in European and International Business Law in Hungary and it offers an in-depth education covering the complex legal environment of European and International economies.
The European and International Business Law LL.M is designed to prepare an international group of legal practitioners for the global challenges of the 21st century. The program combines state-of-the-art knowledge and skills with an international orientation. It will help to develop the participants' analytical as well as interpersonal skills in areas such as logical reasoning, argumentation and dispute settlement.
Integrating research and education at the Faculty into the European Higher Education Area and fostering international educational and scholarly ties are key components of our vision.
At a time when globalization and European integration are on the agenda, an intercultural approach to law and its application, in other words, comparative legal studies are indispensable for a sound analysis of legal issues and the settlement of legal disputes.
The course concept links theory to real-world business. The high-level curriculum offers a solid grounding in the institutional fundamentals of the European economic integration and an introduction to international business law.
Strength of program
Led by a notable group of instructors, experts in their respective fields of law, the Faculty of Law, ELTE provides the support and resources necessary for students to excel not only in the classroom but more importantly in their chosen career paths. The program offers a comprehensive scope of courses allowing students to enjoy multiple approaches to business law.
Flexibility is the other hallmark of the program. The courses take place every second week (Friday and Saturday), allowing professionals to adjust their schedules to the curriculum.
The work schedule of the program is part-time: correspondence program. (Classes are held every second Friday and Saturday)
- The institutional fundamentals of the European economic
- integration, the basics of legal approximation, introduction to international business law
- Free movement of goods and persons
- Free movement of services and capital
- EU competition law
- Litigation at the European Court of Justice
- European consumer protection law
- Current challenges in EU law
- International and European harmonization of general contract law, the regulation of contracts for the international sale of goods
- International commercial arbitration, the law of multinational enterprises
- International, European and American protection of copyright and industrial property
- EU company law
- Private international law in business transactions
- Merger control rules and practice in the EU, state aid monitoring in the EU
- Cape town convention /Corporate finance
- Thesis degree
The European and International Business Law LL.M is designed for legal practitioners who already possess a master’s degree in law and would like to specialize in areas such as consumer protection, social policy, e-commerce, international carriage of goods, securities, business-related crimes or M&A regulations.
Students who successfully graduated from the program will be entitled to use an LL.M. title according to the regulations of the Act on National Tertiary Education of Hungary. (Act No CCIV of 2011).
The goal of the program is to shape well trained legal experts from legal practitioners in the field of international business law who are confident to handle complex issues in an international regulatory environment.